The clinical implementation of bite elevations and other changes in bite position in fixed restorations always presents the practitioner with various challenges. In particular, the safe transfer of a new bite position into the prosthetic restoration can be done in several different ways with their respective advantages and disadvantages. A solid foundation of knowledge and methodological competence are already of great importance in diagnostics, therapy planning and functional pretreatment. Finally, the choice of the right materials, the application of preparation variants ranging from non-prep to minimally invasive preparations to conventional partial and full crowns, as well as the procedure for cementation are important individual components of a successful overall treatment.
The aim of the course is to provide the participants with all the necessary knowledge and skills for the practical implementation of complex cases, as well as to provide them with tried-and-tested concepts suitable for practical use.
Note: Patient cases can be brought along for discussion (models, x-rays, findings).
Course content includes:
- Functional screening and analysis
- How do I determine the correct bite height? (Esthetic and functional criteria)
- Splint pretreatment
- Occlusal abutments, reduction veneers and therapeutic treatment restorations
- Basics of occlusion, articulation and kinematics of the mandible
- Practical model analysis, planning, material concept and time sequences
- Occlusion concept
- Preparation, temporaries
- Definitive cementation, cemented and adhesive.
CDE – Center of Dental Education
82131 Gauting near Munich
Friday 14:00 – 19:00 h and Saturday 9:00 – 16:00 h
- Gauting, 22./23. März 2024